Integrated Pest Management · Agriculture and Natural Resources
University of California
Landscape and garden resources
Colorful 3.5" x 8.5" cards with environmentally sound solutions for selected pests of homes, landscapes, and gardens. Good for countertop display. Available in print and online, in English and Spanish.
Informative leaflets that cover over 150 insect, weed, pathogen, and rodent pests of gardens, landscapes, homes, and structures. Available as PDF files or online.
Carry these 46 pocket-sized laminated cards in the field as handy references for identifying and monitoring major diseases and pest insects and mites and their natural enemies in California landscapes.
Includes sections on turf selection, irrigating, mowing and fertilizing properly, and how to diagnose and solve problems. Advice is appropriate for home gardeners and managers of parks, school grounds, and other low-maintenance turf in California.
IPM books for gardens, landscapes, and floriculture
- Healthy Roses: Environmentally Friendly Ways to Manage Pests and Disorders in Your Garden and Landscape
- Pests of the Garden and Small Farm (for vegetables and fruit trees)
- Pests of Landscape Trees and Shrubs
- Integrated Pest Management for Floriculture and Nurseries
- Natural Enemies Handbook: The Illustrated Guide to Biological Pest Control
This online interactive guide explains the environmental effects of home and garden pesticides and what you can do to help.
Online identification keys
Statewide IPM Program staff members work closely with area IPM advisors, farm advisors, specialists, and researchers to develop state-of-the-art educational materials that reflect the newest advances in pest management.