UC Pest Management Guidelines
Herbicide resistance: Glyphosate
Read about the types of herbicide resistance, and how weeds can be managed to prevent resistance from developing.
Brad Hanson, Albert Fischer, Anil Shrestha, Marie Jasieniuk, Ed Peachey, Rick Boydston, Tim Miller, Kassim Al-Khatib
Effective use of glyphosate
Read about different glyphosate formulations, other ingredients you can add to the mix, better ways to spray, and factors that can make glyphosate more or less effective in the field.
Tim Miller, Brad Hanson, Ed Peachey, Rick Boydston, Kassim Al-Khatib
Glyphosate in orchards and vineyards
Read about combining glyphosate with longer-lasting herbicides, and about cultivation and management practices that can prevent glyphosate-resistant weeds from emerging in perennial crops.
Ed Peachey, Rick Boydston, Brad Hanson, Kassim Al-Khatib
Weeds in glyphosate-resistant crops
Read about using glyphosate as part of integrated pest management (IPM) to prevent or manage resistant weeds in glyphosate-resistant crops, especially corn, cotton, alfalfa, canola and sugarbeet.
Kassim Al-Khatib, Brad Hanson, Tim Miller, Ed Peachey, Rick Boydston
About the authors
- Kassim Al-Khatib: Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis; Director, UC Statewide Integrated Pest Management Program, Division of Agriculture and Natural Resources
- Rick Boydston: United States Department of Agriculture—Agricultural Research Service, Prosser, Washington
- Albert Fischer: Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis
- Brad Hanson: Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis
- Marie Jasieniuk: Department of Plant Sciences, University of California, Davis
- Tim Miller: Mount Vernon Research and Extension Unit, Mount Vernon, Washington
- Ed Peachey: Department of Horticulture, Oregon State University, Corvallis
- Anil Shrestha: Plant Science Department, California State University, Fresno