Pesticides in homes & landscapes
Pesticides must be used correctly to keep people, pets, and the environment safe. Find links here to information about the safe and effective use of pesticides recommended for homes, gardens, landscapes and lawns, plus possible problems that can occur from mis-use.
Pesticides are one way to manage pests, but they may not be needed, or can be more effective when combined with nonchemical methods. To find out how to safely and effectively manage a specific pest, see Home & Landscape Pests.
Safe and effective use
- Pesticides: safe and effective use
- Hiring a pest control company
- Information about specific pesticides
Pesticides and the environment
- Pesticides and water quality
- Mitigating environmental effects of pesticides in urban areas
- Research and reports about water quality
- National Pesticide Information Center (NPIC):
Science-based information about pesticide characteristics
- Research related to urban pesticide use
- Online training